Layla Fraser will compete at the FEI World Vaulting Female Championships for Spain. Get to know her in our mini interview!
1. Please describe yourself in three words.
2. Who are your team members?
Layla Fraser, lunger my mom Diane Fraser and my horse Royal George Alexander (we call him Rudi)
3. How did you experience the qualification process? What were your challenges on the way to the Championships?
I have been though the FEI qualification process, at the last world championships in Budapest and at Aachen 2021 I got my scores and this year I have also competed in CVI Saumur where for the first time I was on the podium in 3* placing second with my horse Rudi and my mom 😊. It is always a challenge for us as we live on an island (Mallorca) so travelling with my horse is always a long way and very expensive.
4. What was your best (or funniest) vaulting moment?
My best vaulting moments will always be when I vaulted with my sister Lucy ❤️
5. What do you expect from the World Championships 2022? What are your goals?
My goal for Herning is to vault from the heart to feel every galop on my horse Rudi and have fun and enjoy the experience with my team
6. What’s your freestyle theme 2022 and why?
“Travelling through memories” This freestyle is very personal, its about going through memories I have with my sister to a music from Tash Sultana, when I vault I feel connected to her
7. Any news or announcements for the Vaulting World?
To this day I am still the only female vaulter in 3* for Spain 🇪🇸(Let’s hope to see soon more individuals ☺️)