Julia Wagner will compete at the FEI World Vaulting Female Championships for Germany. Get to know her in our mini interview!
1. Please describe yourself in three words.
2. Who are your team members?
Lunger: Katja Wagner, my horse: Giovanni, Coaches: Jeanette Stelzer (compulsory), Lena Handke (freestyle and tech test), Sabine Köste (gymnastics)
3. How did you experience the qualification process? What were your challenges on the way to the Championships?
This year was my very first time in selection trial for world championchips. I didn’t expect to qualify until the nomination. The season has already exceed my expectations and I’m proud of myself.
4. What was your best (or funniest) vaulting moment?
Every training and every competition with our junior squad is super funny. I could laugh about Lillys (one of our teammembers) Jones every time. We are like a huge family.
5. What do you expect from the World Championships 2022? What are your goals?
I am grateful and proud for this opportunity. My goal is to gain a lot of experience and to be satisfied with my achievements.
6. What’s your freestyle theme 2022 and why?
My music is a part of an sad english poetry slam. I want to convey these emotions with my freestyle. The music still gives me goosebumps.
7. Any news or announcements for the Vaulting World?
Work hard on your gymnastics basics! If every vaulter becomes a better gymnast, then vaulting will soon be at a much higher level. And our horses will love it even more 🙂