Dominik Eder will compete at the FEI World Vaulting Male & Squads Championships and together with Theresa Thiel as Pas de Deux for Austria. Get to know him in our mini interview!
1. Please describe yourself in three words.
2. Who are your team members?
My main supporters are definitely my parents and they play a very important part in my team. Add to this my lungers/trainers in my home stable Conny & Karin and of course my Lunger from individual Lena with her amazing horse ASTIROYALXL. Moreover of course also Vroni and Pink Floyd for PasdeDeux.
3. How did you experience the qualification process? What were your challenges on the way to the Championships?
The main difficulty this year was definitely horse related. Our horse for PasdeDeux was unfortunately not fit to compete and we had to find another horse capable of starting PDD together with us. Luckily with Pink Floyd we found an amazing partner. From them on we had to drive 3hours each time we wanted to train because his home stable is quite a long distance from our home (another 3 hours to drive back home 😅). In individual I had a similar situation but luckily ASTIROYALXL was only a 2 hour drive (for each way) away 🤣
4. What was your best (or funniest) vaulting moment?
The best moments in my preparation was always when I could finally leave the car after hours of driving 🤣
5. What do you expect from the World Championships 2022? What are your goals?
I expect the competition to be very tough. Regarding my goals I just want to show the (vaulting) world the best performance I’m capable off.
6. What’s your freestyle theme 2022 and why?
Individual: Matrix, PDD: Grease
7. Any news or announcements for the Vaulting World?
Due to an unfortunate injury of one team member from the Austrian Squad, I’m not only competing in individual and PDD but additionally in Squad and NationsCup as well.