Team La Gubia will compete at the FEI World Vaulting Squad Championships for Spain. Get to know them in our mini interview!
1. Please describe yourself in three words.
> Passionate 💃🏽
> Motivated 🤩
2. Who are your team members?
Layla Fraser,Lucia Schonvandt,Daniela Fernandez,Laura Sancho ,Eva Garcia,Carlota Uson,Miriam Cumplido,Diane Fraser and our wonderful horse Royal George Alexander
3. How did you experience the qualification process? What were your challenges on the way to the Championships?
We are a fusion between two clubs the main team is from Mallorca and two vaulters are from Jerez, the team is very young but very motivated we have trained about every six weeks together and now we have two weeks all the team together before training .We have competed in Saumur and at the Spanish Championships.
4. What was your best (or funniest) vaulting moment?
One of our team members “luli” does a flick flack from the horse but she can’t walk down the steps she always falls 😂 . As a team we always love to enjoy every competition with good vibes and music.
5. What do you expect from the World Championships 2022? What are your goals?
Enjoy and live the experience at its fullest , to be able to go to the World Championships representing our country is a dream come true ✨🇪🇸 And we hope to bring a bit of flamenco to Herning!
6. What’s your freestyle theme 2022 and why?
Or freestyle theme Flamenco Fusion 💃🏽 We want to show part of our culture but in a modern way inspired by the singer Rosalia , also we can show a lot of emotion with this theme.
7. Any news or announcements for the Vaulting World?
We have a secret weapon … it’s the first time we have a brave adorable flyer 🥰