Ginger Kennett will compete at the FEI World Vaulting Female Championships for Australia. Get to know her in our mini interview!
1. Please describe yourself in three words.
2. Who are your team members?
My mum- Georgie. My lunger- Maurits De Vris. My horse – Corazon Gran (Crozzie). My Groom – Benita Golz.
3. How did you experience the qualification process? What were your challenges on the way to the Championships?
It was difficult with little competitions in Australia, although I was lucky enough to have the support of Vaulting Australia and Vaulting New South Wales to organise a CVI in Sydney, were I obtained my qualifying score.
4. What was your best (or funniest) vaulting moment?
Ooo this is tricky! There are too many. Probably my most memorable one would be when I won CVIj** at Flyinge in 2019!
5. What do you expect from the World Championships 2022? What are your goals?
I’m looking forward to getting my feet wet for the first time in the world class senior pool! My goal is to just be myself out there and enjoy competing in the ring.
6. What’s your freestyle theme 2022 and why?
My theme is SPANISH. A mix of romance and heartfelt love with a zest for Spanish guitar. I enjoy interpreting this music as it invokes passion with its rhythm and contrasting sounds.